Saturday, December 19, 2015

SEOUL VACATION DIARY DAYS #4 & #5

Hey guys ! 

As you can see, I took a small break from blogging. During the past week I've been just relaxing, meeting up with few of my friends, being addicted to Pretty Little Liars & binge watching it and baking and cooking amazing food. (No oven in Korea really limits the stuff you can do in the kitchen) Also I've been planning next Spring, taking care of school & visa stuff, planning my apartment, et cetera. Restraining my mental health after a busy mess I call my first year in Korea. But more about that later in a separate post, now's time for the last 2 days of our vacation in Seoul. 


I decided to put these 2 days into a one post because our last days were pretty much just shopping and walking around. On the 4th day we headed to Idae, where I used to live, and did some hardcore beauty shopping. It was a rainy and kinda gloomy weather so I didn't snap much pictures. After spending too much money on skin products, makeup and bags we headed to Sinchon, to a meat buffet called "nice pig" (the name cracks me up every time) and Sara joiner us for lunch / dinner. 



Our next stop, in the evening, was Hongdae. We had a whole Han-river cruise thing planned for the evening but we were all so exausted and carrying million shopping bags so we decided to skip the whole cruise and then the next day decide between Namsan-tower & the cruise. So for the rest of the evening we just wandered around Hongdae, watched some street performances and also by accident discovered the prettiest home decoration store, ever. I've walked past the building hundreds of times but never seen it before. Again, it rained the whole day so my camera stayed in my bag for the most of the evening. 



Our last day was the first clear, sunny day. It had literally rained and been foggy everyday since my family arrived. We started the day by visiting my university. That was something especially my mother was really excited to see and I also had some paper work to handle before returning back to Finland. We walked around a bit and took some pictures. Before leaving we also stopped at the campus store. I finally got the official Hanyang university jacket, too! I've been wanting one since the weather started to get chilly again. It's amazingly cozy and warm. Wearing it all the time now.


 We returned back to the hotel, had lunch at a nearby "Arista coffee" - cafe and then handled some plane ticket stuff for our next day's flight. We decided to visit Namsan tower because the sky was finally clear with not even one cloud on it. The cruise would've been absolutely beautiful too, no doubt, but we had been riding the taxi around the city for 5 days already so instead of seeing more of the city lights I wanted to show them the whole Seoul from above. So after a small siesta we walked to the Namsan cable cars and up the hill we went.


Our next and last stop was, once again, Myeongdong. We did some last minute shopping, tasted some  new things we had yet to try out and had pasta in this small pretty restaurant.


Our flight left early the next morning and the plane was half empty. Which was pretty cool because I for example was able to occupy up to 4 seats all by myself and had like my own private couch and movie marathon going on, hahah! 

Anyway, that pretty much wraps up our 5 days in Seoul together. It was really amazing to show around to my family, and they absolutely loved the place. My mom's already planning to go back with me on February, hahah! It's been 2 and a half  weeks since I came home to Finland and I've literally just concentrated on relaxing and clearing up my head. And that's what I will continue doing until I have to start stressing about next year's university  & apartment stuff! Need to enjoy this while it lasts, hahah! 

xx,
Julia
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Jee tuli vikatki päivät!! Perinteisesti kivat kuvat:3 Munki tarttis viel Korean puolelta kirjotella... 4pv koulua ja kohta taas Suomeen. Pakko nähä hei! (ps se hanyangin takki on kiva)
    - Nina :D

    ReplyDelete

© WITH SEOULMATES. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig