Thursday, December 3, 2015

SEOUL VACATION DIARY DAY #1

Hey hey hey !

I'm here to share and tell about our 5-day mini vacation in Seoul with my family. Well, more like my family's vacation. I was there as a tour guide and a translator, haha! Them deciding to come to Seoul was a really random, sudden decision. I was planning to go home for Christmas and the Finland-Korea-Finland flights were on sale so my mom kind of just went and booked flights for our whole family and instead of me just flying home they came and brought me home. Which was super sweet and I was really excited to show my family where and how I live and what kind of city Seoul is.

Our hotel was called "Hotel Staz Myeongdong". It was right in Myeongdong between Myeongdong, Chungmuro & Uljiro 3-ga stations so it was easy to go and get around. I will write about it later on a separate post. 

They arrived to Seoul 9am local time, which means it was 2am in Finland. Everyone was pretty exhausted after the flight (and I was tired cause I had stayed up half of the night) so we just went straight to our hotel and after relaxing a bit we went to get food in Myeongdong. Pizza and pasta. Yes, very Korean. 



Yup, Jame's Chicago pizza. I wrote a post about it earlier here on my blog and my mother, who is a very active follower, said she wants to go there. So we did! My little sister is 8 years old and does not eat Korean food whatsoever (excluding banana milk apparently) so we also had to think about her when choosing restaurants and such. She fell asleep in the pizza place (lol) so we went back to the hotel right after to rest and after few hours went back to Myeongdong to just look around and grab something to eat. We ended up in Paris Baquette and tasted all kinds of breads and pastries that looked delicious. It was very exciting, apparently, and an amusing sight to see, too. We don't really have bakeries in Finland so they were like little kids in a candy store.  



We wandered a bit around Myeongdong and also visited my old neighborhood, Idae. I showed them where I used to live and we tasted some street foods before returning back to our hotel around 11pm ! The first day was really chill. I knew they were going to be tired so I didn't plan much for us to do. Just casual things and some walking around and getting used to the fact they're in a huge city now instead of a small town in Finland. 

xx,
Julia
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. wow =D

    www.heykasumi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry was my question rude? I just wanted to know do koreans like whites?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was rude. And I'm keeping my blog clean and definitely not answering questions about my private life here. Every person has a different taste, I cannot answer questions like that for someome else. If I asked you do white guys like Asian girls how would you answer?

      Delete
    2. Of course they do, but i was thinking if it works the other way around. With korean guys and white girls.

      Delete
    3. Some people in this world like Western girls and others don't. Just like some people like ice cream and others don't. Depends on the person. My personal life in and outside the bedroom has got nothing to do with that, sweetie.

      Delete
  3. Love you too honey <3

    ReplyDelete

© WITH SEOULMATES. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig