Wednesday, September 30, 2015

September 15' Through my phone

Hey guys!
So it's the last day of this month! Time goes by so fast. I wanted to publish this post before the month changes so here I am, ignoring homework and writing on my blog instead (good job, Julia). This month has been crazy busy and a lot of stuff has been going on, with vacation and then school and hip hop five times a week and all that. But it's been fun! 
The weather has started to slowly cool down and fall is clearly on its way. I love fall. I'm already head over heels for the idea of being able to sit in a cafe when it rains and is windy outside and putting all my summer clothes away and starting to use sweaters and scarfs and sip hot, chocolaty cafe mochas and tea and hot soups and everything's going to be red and yellow and orange and most importantly, evenings are gonna be dark and pretty. It's gonna be my first fall in Seoul, and it's gonna be amazing. 
Anyway (wow I'm really good at this blabbering thing huh), to this post's main point!  

 1. Started the month by becoming sick yay! I'm never ever sick. Nutella pancakes were my comfort food.
2. This is our neighborhood cat. Lately I've seen it everywhere all the time and it always stares at me very intensively. I seem to be the only one crazy over these cats everywhere. I could totally see myself turning into the weird neighborhood cat lady.
3. & 4. Went to Gangnam with Sara and met up with one of our Finnish girl friends who lives near Seoul. We walked around a bit and had these ah-mazing burgers. The place was called 405 kitchen and it was pretty close to Gangnam station. 10/10 would recommend. 

1, 2, 3 & 4. Pretty pictures from Gangnam. I absolutely love that place. 

1. Enjoying the delicious bingsus while they still are here. This one was a Oreo bingsu in a super cozy vintage cafe somewhere on the small streets of Gangnam. 
2. Had to also renew my visa. 3 hours of just sitting around .. Definitely not my favorite past-time activity. 
3. Some studying~ I tried to prepare myself for this level (and just be useful during vacation) and studied some news - related vocabulary. Turns out it really helped because now while writing essays we need to actually do some research in Korean and reading articles is a lot easier. 
4. And some more studying & blogging in my favorite cafe. 

1. & 2. School food, best food. I really like our school cafeteria food. It costs about 2-4 dollars and you get like this whole meal with side dishes and kimchi and it's just super easy and delicious. 
3. & 4. Current obsessions. Green tea latte & milk tea (bubble tea version or just iced). 

1. & 2. So unlike me my roommate Sara decided to start her university studies already this semester. Her major is tourism and this is one of her school books. I've been laughing at her for the past month while she struggles with this weird system they call university here in Korea but the sad truth is that In only like 6 months I will be in the exact same position. I hardly understand philosophy in my own language. I really hope we won't have physics or philosophy or technology courses... (but we will).
3. Aaand just when the new semester started, I got sick again. 
4. I've been just awfully lazy when it comes to fashion. Main reason for that being that I had hip hop every day and I really didn't feel like carrying a bag of extra clothes with me around Seoul, so I've been dressing up very comfortably. 

1. & 2. An old friend I used to work with in a theme park in Finland as actresses like 3 years ago came to Seoul for one week and on her last night we met up with her. It was so weird to see each other on the other side of the world. We had fruit soju straight from a pineapple (that was kinda cool) and then went to meet up with some other friends and ate good food, and then continued the night in one of Hongdae's hip hop clubs. 
3. & 4. New semester started and it's no joke. This is the last semester before most people continue to study in a university so there's a lot of weird cool grammar you see only in books and news and we have to prepare speeches every week and our classes involve a lot of debates and talking about adult stuff like the quality of education or gay rights and politics. It's so much fun though. 

1. The flu kept coming and going and coming again for like this whole month so I have been sipping warm drinks and medicine. 
2. When you see soju bottles walking outside on the street you don't question it you just take a picture as fast as possible. 
3. Also dyed my hair! The color was called "pink" but obviously, my hair is not pink. Instead it's like a lighter shade of chocolate brown? Anyhow I like it a lot. I'm waiting my hair to grow so I can get a loose curl perm on the ends of my hair and maybe dye it ombre style or something. Have wanted to try something different for a while already. 
4. One of the many nights at Seolleong station after hip hop waiting for a train around 9:30pm.

1. My mother's cousin came to Seoul for a business trip and I got a small care package from him and my mother! Including Finnish chocolate, small cinnamon rolls, gum, soup, etc. 
2., 3. & 4.  From the day we had our MT (membership training) trip with our club. We went to in the middle of nothing and stayed overnight at this pension type of building, barbequed and apparently also consumed a lot of alcohol. It was so much fun though. I have a lot of pictures from there (few on instagram if you're curious) but I'm not sure how my friends would feel about me publishing their faces here on my blog so I'm not gonna upload any of them here. 

1. & 2. Chuseok came and went and I spent the first 2 days studying like there's no tomorrow while consuming way too many of these iced milk teas. The streets were weirdly empty and most of the time there was just this one guy sitting with me in the cafe. It was also peaceful because in this city, unless you're at home, you're never alone.
3. Friday pizza night date with Sara.
4. This English translation is just so sad I had to take a picture of it. 

1. & 2. Few selcas I snapped during the last two days. First one from Saturday before going out with friends and the other one from Seoul forest when we had our Thanksgiving picnic. 
3. Chuseok picnic group minus few people. 
4. Typical Saturday - night in Hongdae with friends.


So that's how my month looked through the many random pictures I snap throughout the day. Speaking of snaps, my newest addiction is snapchat so if you have one, go follow me there! My ID's juliaaaey. Sometimes I spam there a lot of useless stuff. Tomorrow I have the first lesson of this month's hip hop class. I'm taking Tuesday - Thursday classes and we're learning Kyle Hanagami's choreo for "levels" (link here)

Have a good  day / morning / night everyone !
xx,
Julia

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© WITH SEOULMATES. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig