Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Chuseok holidays

Hello beautiful people !

For the last 4 days people here have been celebrating Korean thanksgiving, Chuseok (
추석), which means most Koreans go back to their hometowns and eat well and spend time with their families, watch the absolutely beautiful full moon, do traditional Korean stuff and so on. I obviously couldn't do that so for me the last 4 days have been full of studying and hanging out with my fellow foreigner friends and those Korean friends who for various reasons did not spend Chuseok with their family. 

Yesterday we had a picnic in Seoul forest, still my favorite place in Seoul, so calming and beautiful, and had some chicken and beer. The weather was warm but cloudy and it actually started raining around 7 pm so we headed back to Wangsimri, where our school is, played for an hour or so in karaoke and then sat outside on the steps of our university's amphitheater sipping soju, eating snacks and watching the full moon. Around 12am some of us continued our night in Hongdae where we met up with my friends and I didn't get home until 8am in the morning. It was a pretty great day / night and a good end for these holidays! Tomorrow it's back to school and I have a pile of homework sitting on my table waiting for me to get started with them.

On absolutely other news that some of you who follow me on other social medias might have already heard, I am going home for 2 months! My school ends 25th of November and my family is actually flying to Korea for 5 days, and after that 1st of December we're all gonna go to Finland together and I'm not gonna come back until 1st of February next year. Well earned 2 month vacation at home with my family, our cat & dog and most importantly, my little sister that I miss everyday like crazy. Can't wait to get to just hang out with her, watch Disney movies, play board games and just take silly pictures like we always do. Home is the best. 

Anyway here's few pictures from yesterday so this post wouldn't be just me blabbering about stuff! I'll be back in few days with the "through my phone" post for this month. Have a good week everyone !!  



xx,
Julia
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© WITH SEOULMATES. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig