Thursday, July 30, 2015

The Cafe Tag - La Eskimo

Hello! 

Again. I was determined to publish this Cafe tag - post before this month ends.  Turns out this month has 31 days so I would've had the time to do this tomorrow too, but oh well. It's 1 AM and here I am anyway. Binge listening to this song. 

Anyway like I mentioned in the previous post couple of hours ago I went to Gangnam today to have a what was supposed to be a study date but turned out to be a "let's finish 1 page of homework and just talk for hours" - date. 

I spotted this cafe actually about 2 weeks ago while filming for the Garosu-gil nightscape post. The place is called "La Eskimo" and it's located right on the Garosu-gil street. Really easy to spot.

La Eskimo has a super unique, vintage-ish decoration. There's texts and pictures painted on the walls, they have mismatched chairs and like all these very old-looking little decorations all around the place. There's a bunch of plants too, some of them dried. The lighting was dim and they even had lights made out of shuttlecocks. It was really pretty. Exactly the type of a coffee shop I love the most. For some reason they also had like inflatable beach toys all around the cafe.... Beats me as to why, but it was still somehow weirdly charming addition to the whole messiness of the place. And I'm talking about the good-messy here right now.

Paying 4 dollars for a coffee you usually pay 2 bucks for breaks your heart though. Speaking as a student. They have all these super delicious looking cakes there too but I just settled for admiring them from behind the glass, hahah. They have a wide range of coffees, teas and juices and the prices start from 4800won and go up to 7000won (about 6-7 bucks). I ordered an ice Americano..which literally was an ice Americano with a huge pile of ice on top of the drink. My friend had a salmon bagel and it was around 8000won so I guess the prices for cakes and sandwiches start somewhere where the drink prices end. You kinda pay for the experience too, right? ...

We spent few hours studying but then we just got bored so it was more of a talking date than a studying date. I also spent a lot of time on just walking around the cafe and taking pictures (I'm sorry, people who end up in the same cafe with me, I must be so annoying).

Had to snap one more picture on my way home in the evening because the sun made the building look really nice~  All in all a very cozy place to spend your afternoon at ! I liked it. Would visit again. I want to try their food / sandwich menu too so going there for a lunch someday while wondering around Sinsa-dong would totally be a plan worth executing. 

HOW TO GET THERE 
xx,
Julia
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I'd love to read your blog but wow the pictures man, it's a pain to open your blog. I understand the pictures are important and all but so much pictures is a turn off. other than that, nice blog. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey~ hahaha sorry to hear that pictures are a turn off for ya (as weird as that sentence sounds-) Photographing is one of my favorite hobbies besides blogging and I love capturing my life and memories through it so the pictures are staying no matter what though! There's like a bunch of picture-less travel blogs out there so maybe you should go follow those.
      Thank you anyway though :')

      Delete

© WITH SEOULMATES. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig