Thursday, November 5, 2015

Goshiwon life

Hey guyyys ! 

As I mentioned in my previous post I moved to a Goshiwon this Monday. Goshiwons are practically like small hotels, but cheaper, and the rooms are tiny. They're all around Seoul and a easy, cheap option for students or travelers. I'm gonna stay here until my family arrives to Korea, 26th of this month, and then gonna live in a hotel for the last 5 days before going to Finland. It's right next to my university, which is pretty convenient. And the area is pretty nice, with a lot of shops, cafes and restaurants nearby. 

I have been going back and forth this week though because we're still in the middle of moving houses. I'm gonna put all my stuff in Sara's new apartment and there's still a bunch of cleaning to do before this Saturday, so I've been really busy and falling behind on homework a ton. 

Today I've been working on my presentation about Korea's clubbing culture (when I told my teacher that's the subject I choose her exact words were "why am I not surprised at all?") and just came home from a small walk to clear my head a bit. I also took my camera with me and snapped few pictures! 


So as you can see, the rooms are really small! It's kinda cozy though and for the first time ever I have my own TV and I can watch Korean reality shows and dramas. It's also messy at the moment cause I'm still kinda trying to settle down and find a place to all my stuff. 

I also did some grocery shopping in the nearby mart! Those sesame sticks are the best snack ever. I've developed a serious addiction to them. And ran into a bunch of Hanyang high schoolers, there's a Hanyang high called high school right next to the university, who were hiding between two buildings smoking and being badass, hahah. All in all I think I'm gonna enjoy living next to school for a change and the neighborhood is super nice so I'm excited ! 

Now I'm gonna go continue with my school projects, and let's just hope I get everything finished by tomorrow

xx,
Julia
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. these are great pictures =)

    www.heykasumi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa I better look into these amazing sesame sticks :O !!! I'm getting hungry haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha they're really good !! I think you can get them even from most of the convenience stores.

      Delete
  3. Your room does look cozy though. Nice pics as always~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is ! I'm a weird person who thinks the smaller the apartment the more homey it feels.. so. Anyway thanks bb <3

      Delete
  4. Can I ask what website you used to get your Goshiwon? Or did you just go in person?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! oh wow my reply is super late.. sorry !! I used the page called goshipages ! super convenient ~

      Delete

© WITH SEOULMATES. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig