Saturday, January 17, 2015

Getting used to life in Seoul

Hello guys ! I'm sitting in this super cozy twosome cafe in Hongdae near our guesthouse, drinking coffee and doing some major people watching (I love watching people-) and decided to write on my blog as well. A lot of stuff has happened during the few last days. I've been taking care of important things, getting used to my new life here in Seoul, and of course, enjoying the nightlife of this city. I've missed this all so much and I am so incredibly happy and thankful that I can call this city my home now.

On Wednesday we had an apartment hunting trip with Roy and Moon from zip housing. We had an amazing luck and it only took us one day to find the perfect apartment for us! It's a two bedroom apartment in Idae (Ewha women's university area), only two subway stops & a walking distance from Hongdae. The apartment is in a villa building and all the apartments are being renovated, so they are brand new and clean. Ours is almost finished, only a new stove, washing machine and a fridge is missing but they will bring them to us before our moving in date, which is 26th of this month! I will take pictures of our new home the next time we go there and clean the whole place. 

We also made us Korean phone plans & bank accounts. Paying rent, taking care of money business, contacting friends and all that kind of daily things are a lot easier now. My korean skills are getting better everyday, too, slowly but steadily. I can understand a lot already, but sometimes when I should open my mouth I just totally freeze, hahah. 

Small daily things keep surprising me. Some positively, some negatively. I'll write a whole post about those later! One thing that I do love about Seoul more than anything is that this city never sleeps. Many cafes stay open 24/7 and shops close around 11pm - even the H&M in Hongdae was open around 11pm when we were going to the club last night. Food is amazing. Cheap and amazing. That didn't necessarily surprise me, but seeing the prices when we order something always make me go "oh damn this is cheap".
So right now life is looking pretty good. Next week we're gonna visit our university to get some papers, meet up with our friends and maybe do some home utilities shopping at Ikea & daiso ! Tomorrow I plan to go walking around Hongdae to take some more pictures for my "Hongdae nightscape" blog post I've been working on. So until the next time ! 

xx,
Julia
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I'm sooo happy for you ♥ almost anxiously waiting for you to update your blog haha~
    also: the food looks delicious and now i'm hungry.
    enjoy your new home c:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sweetie ! hahahah thank youu<3 I will update as often as I can~

      Delete
  2. That food looks so tasty!

    I'm ever so happy for you that it's all working out well :)

    www.megsiobhan.co.vu

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my best friends went to Seoul as Intership for a whole year and he just loved it!! So enjoy as my friend experiences told me 😉 Btw, I'm Julia from Barcelona and it's so cool to hear your story)) My blog just portrays some random pictures about my daily places between Barcelona and Almeria (down south Spain) - just telling lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh hi there ! Ah yes, I will do my best to enjoy life here! hahah. beautiful blog btw ~

      Delete

© WITH SEOULMATES. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig