Wednesday, January 7, 2015

1 week until Seoul, Korea

I lied. Actually there's only 5 days until my flight leaves. Oh boy. My new usb cable is still not here, and I'm pretty sure with my luck it will arrive like on Tuesday so that it has to be sent to Korea afterwards. I'm not sure at all if I'll be capable of any relevant blog posts later this week so I'll just try to make this one..make sense. 

My week has been... hectic yet still kinda calm. I'm in this weird emotional roller coaster that reminds me of my last days before I went to Japan for a year in 2011. Still somehow it's all very different this time. I'm not worried if I'll fit in or if my host family is nice and welcoming or if I'm going to make any friends. Instead I'm worried if we find a good apartment or if I run out of money completely (shouldn't happen if I stick to my budget-) or if I'm ever, EVER gonna pass my courses when I start studying in Hanyang university. One thing that does feel amazing is that this time I'm gonna be on my own, not having to learn to live with another family, being able to call home whenever I want and, oh, the freedom. Craving street food at 4 am? go for it. Don't feel like doing anything on your day off? Sure! Stay home, eat ice cream and watch netflix. Going clubbing at an hour notice? Sounds like a plan ! 

 I've had quite a many meltdowns lately in the middle of the night - and day - because of this. I'll admit it: I'm a crybaby. I cry a lot. I'm way too emotional. As much as I want this it's not as easy as I thought it would be. It's actually 10 times harder. I am slowly starting to get over the crying phase though, and getting excited instead. I mean, this is my dream after all. What's there to cry about? 

So... Tomorrow's my last day at work, and before that I'll go buy some necessities I'm still missing. On Thursday I have two coffee dates with my dear friends for the last time. Even though we rarely see each other because of so different schedules our regular coffee dates have become a habit and I'll miss them a lot. Last Wednesday I visited Helsinki just briefly to hand in our visa applications with Sara. So this Friday I'm going there again for a day to pick up our (hopefully) ready visas, meet with Sara and to also have a dinner with my dad for the last time before I go. On Saturday I need to pack. A lot. On Sunday I'm meeting up with some other friends for brunch, finishing up packing and leaving to Helsinki to Sara's. And on Monday? Well. Lots of coffee, panicking and the day I've been waiting for the past 2 years now. 

We have booked a room from "Kimchee Hongdae guesthouse" for about 3 weeks. During that time we'll be looking for our own apartment with a biiiig help from zip housing guys Moon & Roy. I couldn't be happier that we found them, honestly, because otherwise we would have to do this all alone and I don't think I could make it alive through the whole process, haha ! After finding an apartment we of course have to sign the papers, pay the key money, clean the whole place and start moving in little by little. Get ourselves beds and small stuff like that. It's gonna be an.. adventure, for sure. But I can't wait ! Other important stuff we need to get done after arriving to Korea is opening a bank account and getting a Korean cell phone plan, delivering some more papers to Hanyang university, and getting that..alien registration card ( I still have no idea how does one obtain that lil thing-? ). 

I started packing already 3 days ago, because I am a really lazy and forgetful person, so the best thing for me is to just do it little by little to minimize the amount of stuff forgotten, haha! I got some new clothes, washed all my old clothes and packed all my summer clothes. My closet is empty. So is my bathroom. My room however is a mess because of this project. Besides clothes and you know, regular stuff, I've packed my yoga mat & my favorite blanket, a flat iron, Sex & the city DVD box, cheese slicer, a fluffy towel, this berry juice my grandmother makes herself, cleaning supplies they don't (probably) sell in Korea.. et cetera. At least I'm prepared. 

I think that's all for now. The days are just disappearing somewhere and I'm trying to desperately keep up. Gonna write again later this week! Bye for now~ 

ps. Tried a bit bigger font for this post, trying to figure out if the one I'm usually using is too small? 

xx,

Julia
SHARE:

2 comments

© WITH SEOULMATES. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig