Friday, October 9, 2015

Tonymoly makeup haul

Hey guys !

Continuing with the beauty theme this month! School makes sure I don't have a social life nor have time to go to places so materialism is all I have! Hahah and maybe it's good every once in a while. I've been taking better care of myself lately, practically living with carrots, eggs and soup. I spent the whole summer ruining my diet and eating whatever so eating a bit healthier for the next few months. And while doing so I decided to reward myself by going to a manicure for the first time in my life and get gel nails. 

So apparently my theme for this month is pampering and taking care of myself better, hahah. So inspired by that I did some makeup shopping while taking a long walk yesterday around our neighborhood. Tonymoly is quickly rising to be one of my favorite makeup brands there is. Their products are simple and the quality is good. So this is what I brought home with me yesterday. 



1. Tonymoly finish loose powder face mix 23. Natural beige
This product is meant to be used on top of your foundation or BB-Cream to create a finished, matte look. I've been using just regular powder but decided to try loose powder instead. I tried it on my hand on top of the new foundation I bought and it really created a flawless finished look and went well with the color so I decided to give it a try. (available here)

2. Tonymoly pro mascara - volume
I've been using Etude House's 4 dollar mascara that has worked like a dream but since I ran out of it few days ago and was in a Tonymoly store I bought one of their products just to see how it works. It has a thicker brush than the Etude house one so let's see if it really gives more volume. I've been using fake eyelashes like everyday lately and it damages my own lashes a lot so I'm trying to cut down using them and just use a good mascara instead, hence the volume mascara. 

3. Tonymoly easy touch cake eyebrow 01 natural brown
This is something I've been wanting to try for a loong time but I've had another brow palette that's been working just fine so I never bought it. Now its life has come to an end so it was time to get a fresh one. These colors are exactly the ones I use on my brows so I'm sure this one will not be a disappointment. (available here)

4. Tonymoly timeless carat cover foundation 23. Natural beige
The purchase I'm the most excited about. I've been using BCDation by Tonymoly for the last months and while it has been working really well I've also noticed the same effect BB creams seem to have - it doesn't stick well on my skin. Which makes sense because in the end it is a mixture of BB-cream and foundation. It also feels really sticky at times and I need a lot of powder to get rid of the shining effect many BB-creams and foundations here have. I actually tried this new one on my hand with my current foundation and while it's a bit darker shade (closer to my own skin tone, actually) it also doesn't feel sticky at all when compared to the BCDation. Plus topped with the same natural beige colored loose powder it looks very matte yet natural! (available here)

5. Tonymoly easy touch auto eyebrow pencil 03 dark brown
Just something I picked up to make shaping brows a bit easier. The color goes well with the eyebrow color palette and it has a brush on the other end! Also by buying 2 eyebrow products I got a free gift, a  foam cleanser, so that might have affected my decision to get this hahah! (available here)


After my Thursday afternoon shopping I went into the nearest starbucks, ordered a venti-sized latte and studied for my midterm exams until 9pm. Today I've been just wandering around our apartment and then turned Sara's room into a photo shoot studio and started blogging. I have plans with my girl friends tonight, we're going to Gangnam for a proper girls' night with cocktails, wine and a lot of talking.

P.s If you want me to review any of these products or if you have any blogpost ideas leave me a comment below! I know you guys want me to write more about my daily life but honestly, my daily life is always the same, with school and home and stuff, so if you have anything you want me to write about concerning my daily life here, let me know ! 


xx,
Julia
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Awesome haul! I love tony moly, they have one of my favourite pencil shadows ever ^_^

    http://toomanybiases.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete

© WITH SEOULMATES. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig