Sunday, April 26, 2015

Korea one-o'-one

Hi sweeties ! 

I came up with a whole new post series that, hopefully, some of you will find helpful and / or interesting! I'm calling it the "Korea one-o'-one" because I'm funny like that. (As if) 

So I get a looot of questions on a daily basis about my life here. How to do this, how to handle that, how does this thing work and how the heck did you survive through that. And I thought, why not just answer them all at once and thoroughly through a series of posts that handle the daily life and getting used to living here in South Korea. I know how hard it is sometimes to find proper info about even the most simple things, so I want to help you guys who are planning to come or coming to Korea, or just satisfy your curiosity, hahah~ 

I already have a bunch of topics to write about in my head, but I want to hear your opinions and suggestions, too, hence why I am writing this post right now. If you have anything you're curious about, anything you need more info on, or you just want to know how some things are handled / taken care of here in Korea, please leave me a comment below and help me write about the things you guys are most interested in ! 

I'll write them all down and then later come back with, hopefully, helpful explanations and answers to them, one by one. (If you're shy to comment you can also message me on tumblr)

xx,
Julia
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. well i have been wondering this for a while and this seems like an awesome opportunity to ask, so, as a western girl can u fit pants in korea? i mean all the korean girls seem to have so damn skinny and straight legs and although some korean people i know have said i would be normal size in korea i find it difficult to believe that i would fit the pants :D ofc u cant just tell me like this if ill fit em but as a reference im usually size s/36 but i have a bit big calves so...but yea maybe you could tell about the clothing sizes there, maybe about the fashion aswell although thats not rly some info u NEED to survive there...but would be interesting to hear how the fashion differents from western one...
    ja niin koska oon tod.näk. ens syksyn ja kevään vaihtarina chungangissa niin ois hyvä tietä pitääkö varautuu ostamalla housuja... sen jo tiiän että kenkiä een tuu pystyy ostamaan siellä...oh well:/ ja no en tiiä millä perusteella yleensä tapaat ihmisiä mutta ois kiva tuntee suomalaisii siellä niin jos kiinnostaa tutustua nii let me know:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi ! I'll write about this subject in my next Korea one-o'-one post :') thanks for the request!

      ja ihan nopeena vinkkinä niin kannattaa ainaki pari paria ottaa mukaan, mut H&M:stä ja forever21:sta löytyy kyllä aika hyvin ihan western - kokotaulukon housuja! :) ja ja ja laita mulle sähköpostia tonne blogin osotteeseen ni annan sulle mun kakaon tai jotain! ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm curious about banking! I've been to Korea before but my dad handled all the money. This year I'm going by myself and I'm a little worried about the money side of things. Have you had any problems trying to withdraw money from your bank in Finland? And have you opened up a bank account in Korea? I'm not considering opening one when I'm there because I'll only be there for 5 weeks, just curious xD I am considering getting a Korean sim card for my phone though or a pay-as-you-go plan etc etc. any advice on using phones in korea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! thanks for the request! I will definitely write about this one too as soon as I have time. <3 thank you :)

      Delete
  3. I'd love to hear a bit more about grocery shopping, if you could! I'm spending the summer in Seoul and I really love fruits/vegetables, but I heard they're really expensive in Korea... Any tips on healthy eating on a budget?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey there! the post you requested is up ! :') http://withseoulmates.blogspot.fi/2015/06/korea-one-o-one-grocery-shopping.html

      Delete
  4. I'm interested in going to Korea, to study as well. I'm trying to get there via Haaga-helia, and i'm curious about the money.. Did you have to pay to get there (korea), or did your school pay it for you? Either way, i'm going to Korea and i don't know should i go there after i finished my 9th class, via rotary or later via my own school? I can't pay that much so that is why i'm asking.

    Myös:

    Tiedätkö onko Koreaan helppo jäädä asumaan? Haluaisin kokea Korean ensin lukuvuoden ajan, ja sitten, jos yhä rakastan sitä yhtäpaljon kun nyt tuntuu, haluaisin muuttaa sinne. Miten helppoa suomalaisen on löytää työtä, ja mitä opiskelussa silloin kannattaa ottaa huomioon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I came here on my own, I did not attend uni in Finland, so yes I am paying everything myself. :)

      Työnhausta en paljoo tiiä mutta mun käsityksen mukaan jos sulla on sujuva korean kielen taito ja alan koulutus niin kyllä se mahdollista on! opiskelussa kannattaa ottaa huomioon lukukausimaksut, jotka on tosiaan aika tyyriitä.. :D

      Delete

© WITH SEOULMATES. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig