Saturday, November 12, 2016

#박근혜하야하라





Hello beautiful people ! 

Last Saturday I went to Gwanghwamun with my friend Hyerim. There was a protest against the current president and more than 200 000 people gathered to peacefully protest against Park Geunhye. There has been a huge scandal surrounding her the last weeks because it turned out she has been giving out governmental information to a complete outsider, one of her close friends, who has also been writing her speeches for her and helping her to basically run the country. It has come to the point where less than 5% of Koreans support Park Geunhye anymore. There is going to be another protest today at Gwanghwamun and more than million people are expected to arrive as they even have buses from all over Korea bringing people to Seoul. So things are getting pretty serious over here and this all might as well end with her resigning for good. 

I have never been a part of a protest before and I'm not really interested in political affairs but I am really glad I went last week, even though I felt a bit awkward at first as, you know, I'm not even Korean. But I was hiding under my hood and fitting in pretty well with all other people holding candles and chanting for the president to resign. It was also one of the moments when I realized how much I love this country and being a part of the society here no matter how many small daily flaws there are (Let's face it, there are flaws in every damn country nowadays). Korean people have the absolute best team spirit. People come together and work for a better future for them and their kids and I think that is just beautiful, as opposed to Finland where people write an angry post on social media and then sulk at home how the government did this and that wrong again. From school festivals to political protests of thousands of people, people here know how to work together, support each other and create an amazing spirit. 

xx,
Julia
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© WITH SEOULMATES. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig